Culture/Tourism>Songpa's Tourist Attractions>Seokchon Lake
- In Jamsil plain, north of Seokchon Lake, there was a ferry in the south of west lake; however earth and sand formed an island, therefore large river composed of Songpa river and Shincheon river crossing Seokchon Lake was created flowing from Gwangjin bridge from Jamsil ball park.
The river was filled up except some part during river bed development in Han river main stream in 1969; the lake renovated in early 1980s then became a park.
As Songpa Road was opened, Songpa Naru Park divided into east and west lake; the park shows perfect combination
of lake and park, which has jogging and walking paths to provide resting place for people.
- General Information
- Location : 148, Jamsil-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Area : 285,757㎡ (ground 67,907㎡; water 217,850㎡)
- East lake : 117,109㎡ (ground 11,324㎡; water 105,785㎡)
- West lake : 168,648㎡ (ground 56,583㎡; water 112,065㎡)
- Appointment as a park : Sep. 24, 1974 (the Ministry of Construction notice No.324)
- Formation of the park : Nov. 26, 1981
- Management : 1 unit of park management office (management office, rest room, resting place), 1 unit of landscape management office(management office, rest room)
- Facilities : 230 units including 3 resting places(with rest rooms), 5 rest rooms(1 separately, 4 combined with other facilities), 5 parking areas, 8 water fountains, 1 foot washing area, parks
- Amusements : Magic Island, Seoul Nori Madang
- Landscape : 1 outdoor table, 4 shelters, 2 pavilions, 265 chairs, 2 stands near water, 2 stands
- Roads, plazas : 2,481m walking path near water, 1,166m walking path
- Physical training facilities : total of 48 in 2 locations
- Eco-lake side : 12,446.03㎡ (1,881.7m×width 5.9m, 330m×width 4.07m)
- East lake 1,096.7m; west lake 1,115m
- Plants : 60 seeds including cattails, common reeds, Physostegia virginiana, blackberry lily, Russian iris
- Trees : 44 seeds including pine tree 306,051 stocks, 69,198㎡ grass
- Magic Island
- Magic Island is a made island in west lake in Songpa Naru Park connected to Lotte Adventure by monorail and air
- walk; surrounded by clean and fresh environment of Seokchon Lake, it creates a scenery of a fairy tale village.
- homepage : www.lotteworld.com
- Location : West lake, Songpa Naru Park, 148, Jamsil-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Facility area : 19,191㎡ (used area - 113,325㎡)
- Facilities : Park - 64 units in 44 categories : Buildings - 32 units (total area 15,202㎡)
- Seokchon Lake
- The area is 217,850㎡; water capacity is 737 ton; depth of water is 4~5m; water source is Han river. The lake was formed in 1971.